Instructional Design Process
IMAGINE & DEFINE
In this first phase, you are imagining in your online course, looking at examples, and making decisions about pedagogy and technologies.
- Universal Design for Learning
- Black, R. D., L. A. Weinberg, M. G. Brodwin. (2015). Universal Design for Learning and Instruction: Perspectives of Students with Disabilities in Higher Education. Exceptionality Education International. 25: 2, pp. 1–26.
- Course Design Options - pedagogical models
- Cultural Considerations and Online Learning
- Gunawardena, C. N. (2013). Culture and Online Distance Learning. In M. G. Moore Handbook of Distance Education (3rd Ed.) (pp. 185-200). New York, NY: Routledge.
- Student Learning: Online Tools & Environments
DESIGN & DEVELOP
Let's build, create, make!
- Course Design Considerations
- Copyright Law Research & Reports
- ADA Compliance
- Research-based Quality Rubrics & Checklists
It's time for student learning; it's time to teach!
- Online Pedagogy Resources
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- Humanities & Arts
- Social Sciences
ASSESS and EVALUATE
What did you and your students learn? What improvements are needed?
- Assessment of Online Learning
- Angelo, T. A., & Cross, K. P. (2011). Classroom assessment techniques: A handbook for college teachers. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass Publishers.
- Gardner, J., & SAGE. (2013). Assessment and learning. London: SAGE Publications Ltd.
- McMillan, J. H. (2018). Classroom assessment: Principles and practice that enhance student learning and motivation.
- Journal Articles:
- Evaluation Online Teaching
- Journal Articles:
- Oliver, M. (2000). Evaluating online teaching and learning. Information Services & Use, 20(2/3), 83.
- Mandermach B., & Palese-Sanderson K. (2015). Data analytics and predictive modeling: The future of evaluating online teaching.
ONLINE EDUCATION RESEARCH: THE BIG PICTURE
- Higher Education Reports: Online & Distance Education (Babson Survey Research Group)
- EDUCAUSE Research & Publications (library of articles, books, trends, topics and tools)
- Online Learning Consortium (OLC) Research Center
We can offer a technological solution for every pedagogical challenge!